Celebrating the 1st anniversary of its premium hatchback, the Altroz, Tata Motors has unveiled the Altroz iTurbo. The new variant will be powered by a 1.2L Petrol iTurbo engine and introduce a XZ+ trim with top of the line features. The Altroz in its 2021 avatar will sport the new Black and light Grey interiors accentuated with perforated leatherette seats to step up the premium cabin. It also comes equipped with iRA tech – a connected car technology by Tata Motors. Apart from 27 new and additional features, it features a natural voice tech, through which the car understands and processes voice commands not only in English or Hindi, but also in Hinglish.
The 1.2 L Turbocharged petrol BS6 engine has a power output of 110 PS @ 5500 rpm and 140 Nm torque @1500- 5500 rpm. The high torque at lower RPM makes the drive experience superior and enjoyable. The multi drive mode has a new Sport mode apart from the default City mode and the Eco mode. The Altroz iTurbo will be available in XT, XZ and the new top of the line XZ+ variant.
The features in the XZ+ variant include:
- iRA (Intelligent Real time Assist) – a smart new connected technology developed in India for India. The iRA App offers 27 features with 5 layers of connectivity.
- Natural Voice Tech – where one can give commands as per convenience in Hindi, English or Hinglish. With more than 70 commands, the Natural Voice tech in ALTROZ ensures enhanced intuitive capabilities and convenience.
- What 3 Words – Altroz becomes India’s first hatchback to introduce this precise & simple way to reach driving locations. What 3 Words is a technology that has assigned each 3m square in the world a unique 3 word address. They are easy to say, share and accurate too.
- Xpress Cool – helps cabin reach comfort temperatures quickly by optimally setting the air conditioning to maximum cooling.
- Leatherette Seats – high end perforated leather seats that are luxurious and comfortable.
- Personalised Wallpaper on infotainment screen – for improved customisation of in-cabin atmospherics.
- One shot up power windows – for more convenience during drives.’
- 2 additional tweeters by Harman (Only in iTurbo) – for an immersive surround sound experience.
- Sport mode (only in iTurbo) – for a thrilling drive experience.
The new color theme sees the introduction of a Harbour Blue color in all variants from Altroz XM+ upwards. Contrast Black roof option is available in XZ and XZ+ variants. This is accompanied with the New Sporty Black and light Grey interiors. The new interior color theme will be available in all variants and powertrains.
Tata Altroz is the first product on the ALFA architecture and has received good response from customers and the industry alike since its launch in January 2020. Month-on-month sales have witnessed an increase and are maintaining a consistent growth trajectory.It has a 5 star rating from Global NCAP, making it the safest hatchback in India.