Citroën in India, has started the commercial production and rolled out the first Citroën C5 Aircross SUV, from its manufacturing facility in Thiruvallur, Tamil Nadu. The flagship SUV is the first product from the Citroën brand for Indian customers and will be launched in this quarter. The production has started after rigorous testing of the vehicle for over 2.5 lac kilometres in different terrains and varied weather conditions across India.
The Citroën C5 Aircross SUV will be the first of many products for India from the brand, and will be retailed through the La Maison Citroën dealership network across key cities of India.
Globally, Citroën focusses on comfort that is embodied by five key aims of the Advanced Comfort® Programme illustrated in the new Citroën C5 Aircross SUV:
– The Flying Carpet Effect for cushioning discomfort from road bumps through the Progressive Hydraulic Cushion equipped suspension system, exclusively developed by Citroën.
– A stress-free travel environment cocooned in comfort with Acoustic Windscreen & Front Window glasses, Advanced Comfort seats with memory foam and 3 individually adjustable, reclining & modular rear seats that fold flat to offer class leading boot space.
– Panoramic Life with brighter and airier cabin and relaxing views of the outside, especially with its Panoramic Sunroof (top end variant)
– Intuitive Technologies to simplify life on-board which include the unique Grip Control System with multiple drive surface options, Blind Spot Monitoring System, Park Assist feature which enables parking of the car with only the brake and accelerator control while the car steers itself, Foot Operated Electric Tailgate (top end variant), Engine Stop & Start function, a 12.3 inch Digital Driver Display, a 8″ Infotainment Touchscreen with Phone Mirroring function, Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto amongst a host of other technological features.
– Powerful yet refined 2.0 litre Diesel Engine and 8-speed “Efficient Automatic Transmission” with Shift and Park by wire control, that provides a fuel efficient and comfortable drive.
All these elements of the Citroën Advanced Comfort® clubbed together with the seamless customer experience that the brand plans to offer in India, is aimed to offer Products and Services created differently for the well-being of customers and move society onwards.
Citroën has asserted itself since 1919 as a popular brand in the true sense of the word, making people and their lifestyles its first source of inspiration. A spirit underlined by its ‘Inspired by You’ signature and embodied by cars combining unique design and benchmark comfort. Within the sector of mainstream brands, Citroën also stands out with a unique customer experience (Citroën Advisor, ‘La Maison Citroën’, etc.). In 2020, Citroën sold nearly 720,000 vehicles in over 90 countries.